Friday, January 25, 2013

How I just won $370,000...and you can too!

I got a call from Jamaica early this morning, from the number 876-438-7756.  The island man with a thick accent sounded nice enough.  Plus I knew he was really Jamaican because I have seen 'Cool Runnings' twice, so I know.

He told me he was with Publisher's Clearing House and I just won $370,000.00!  I knew it was a scam from the first moment, but decided to play along.  He told me get a pencil and clean sheet of paper...I told him all I had was a pen and some scrap paper, he said it would work.  Then rattles off a tracking #, then gave me a LUCKY #.  Then he gave me a phone number to call, which the same number that called me, 876-438-7756!  I asked him his name, he said "Mr. Thomas White".  I told him it sounded like a scam, and then he yelled at me to get off HIS phone, then he hung up.  Thanks, Jamaican my day so much betta, Mon!

Did some research and this is a full-blown con.  Don't call them back, and don't send them any money.  If you would like to make more money than you ever dreamed of, send $1.00 to me, and I will send you a Post-It note with one of the world's greatest financial secrets ;)


7 comments:

  1. Can I send you some more felt people instead of a dollar and receive a sticky note with advice?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could buy a prepaid phone like a tracphone and call them to keep a line busy. The more time they have to spend getting you off the line, the less money they can make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got the idea from a time that I did the same thing, only it was a phone call from "Windows" claiming my computer was sending out errors.

      Delete
  3. This exact same thing just happend to me, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This exact same thing just happend to me, thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments, BIG or small...