Friday, November 4, 2011

The Bloginning

I have wanted to blog for a while, yet for whatever reason, this is my first entry.  Welcome to...The Bloginning! 

I really don't know what I'm doing at this point, and you probably don't know why you're reading this jibberish. Maybe you are nosy. It's alright, most people are.  Except we mask our "nosiness" with the word "curious."  So whether you are reading because you are trying to find something here to prevent me from becoming the next president, or because you love me, welcome.

WARNING:  I love to overuse "", ... , ( ),  and CAPS-LOCK.  I know they are not proper English, but I'm an American, and I have been tainted by rock-n-roll, 8-bit graphics, and Mt. Dew.  If these grammatical liberties offend you, ("GREAT...")  Maybe reading my blog will help you to grow tolerant of the ever-changing world of language around us.

I do love to write.  I have not been able to journal more than 5 days in a row for almost 33 years now.  I have tried.  I blame TIME, but in reality TIME is not at fault.  For thousands of years, TIME has been consistent.  It keeps moving on...without my help.  My SCHEDULE is the next culprit, but again, I am in control of that.

There is a love/hate relationship in my soul with technology.  Even as I write this, part of my soul aches.  I view the DIGITAL WORLD as a passing medium that will not survive the changes of time.  However, pen and paper aren't much more permanent. (One match, right?)  The only viable solution is masonry and stone-cutting...but I don't have to time to chisel out my thoughts. Who does these days?

I am convinced the only thing that really passes on are ideas, concepts, virtues, beliefs, emotions...part of the human experience that can't be captured by any medium of record keeping.  So for now, I will enter in to the digital world of blogging and see what happens.  Here goes nothing...

2 comments:

  1. I'm just here for the pictures. I'm highly disappointed. Looking forward to reading, though. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear your comments, BIG or small...