Wednesday, November 9, 2011

The Jump Rope

I'm going back to the basics: jump rope.  That's right, I bought a jump rope.  It's amazing, and it's going to change my life.

Believe it or not, I'm actually pretty decent at it.  Back in high school I was a Jump Rope Coach for elementary kids at LCS.  I know, I know...but I loved it.  All I can really remember is putting together a routine to Carmen's "Who's in the House?"  (If you know that song you are probably singing it right now, or looking it up on iTunes...buy it...do it..."Who's in the house"....c'mon, say it...)

Jumping rope in that sense sounds a little...lame.  However, Sylvester Stallone makes that rope look like riding a bike in all the Rocky movies.  And yes, I have now referred to Rocky in the last 2 blogs, but I watched those movies over and over.  Mainly because that's all TBS would play.  And boxing workouts are hardcore.  You don't get much more basic, and that's what I need: BASIC

I woke up and decided to buy some new shoes and a jump rope.  The last 2 days I have noticed that I have much more energy, and I feel good...sore but good.  I walk like an old man that's had an accident in his pants, but it will get better.  Nothing has kicked my butt like the day after Kung Fu though!  Sheeze, that was rough. 

I really wasn't expecting to WANT to workout so soon, but I FEEL like it. Crazy.  My plan is not to just stick with one thing, I'm going to keep switching it up.  I'm setting up a rustic farm-style circuit out here.  Chunking rocks.  Pulling rope.  Telephone pole press. Suicides up the hill.  Chasing chickens. Tipping cows. Tomorrow I'm buying a stand for my heavy bag.  Can't wait. 

3 weeks in and I'm feeling great.  Lost at least 10 lbs and 1" in my waist.  Now that I have a jump rope, who knows what will happen?  Maybe I will be mistaken for The Rock instead of Jack Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your comments, BIG or small...